Join us and further your career in some of the world’s most dynamic markets.
If you believe in yourself and are looking to push your limits you are welcome to be part of our team.
If you are enthusiastic, talented specialist, looking for new professional highs, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Finance & Accounting Specialist
- Job Type:
- Full Time Job
- Job Experience:
- More than 3 years
- London, United Kingdom
- Posted On:
- 23 Nov, 2016
- Last Date:
- 23 Jan, 2017
Purpose of Role
The core purpose of this role is month-end financial accounting, daily treasury/client money reconciliation, taxation, process improvement and ad hoc project work.
- Drive effective cost and financial controls, and assist with the overall management of the Business, by encouraging the Business to raising purchase requisitions in a timely manner, correctly matching invoices to the purchase order system and ensuring invoices are paid in line with company policy.
- Promote expenditure management and cost control throughout the Business by providing regular, timely and targeted reporting from the procurement system.
- Ensure operating bank account balances recorded in the ledger accurately reflect the actual cash balances as per the banks, by performing reconciliations to identify, rectify and/or explain any differences.
- Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and associated reports
- Preparation and submission of tax computations for appropriate entities in liaison with the firm’s external tax advisors
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts
- Management of day to day financial accounting, reporting and control in accordance with requirements and deadlines
- Coordinating the preparation and submission of regulatory reports to the FCA and, where relevant, other regulatory bodies
- Overseeing the daily Client money reconciliations
- Developing and documenting business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensuring quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Maintain strong and effective relationships with external suppliers by responding quickly and professionally to e-mail and telephone queries.
- A University Degree in Finance/ Business Administration or related field
- Experience in Financial Services
- Strong regulatory reporting skills
- Good understanding of the FCA rules
- Related license by FCA (CFA1 / CFA30)
Package Offered by Tera:
- Competitive monthly salary commensurate with experience